According to a 2019 survey by the Aspen Institute and Utah State University, families in the U.S. spend on average $693 annually per child in one sport. Locally, non-profits charge between $125-$185 for participation and do not typically include equipment.
We are committed to providing a low-cost program. We want you to play with us and believe cost should never keep kids out. We have a sliding scale participation fee model and families can choose an option that best supports their family budget.
Participation Fee Options
$5 No Barriers
This fee is available to all families. We’ve been asked, why not make it free? We have a growing waitlist for participation. This fee confirms your registration and reserves your child’s spot in the program.
$30 One Athlete
This fee reserves your child’s spot in the program and is then reinvested into our community by covering the basic costs for recruiting, training, and retaining high-quality coaches.
$50 Multiple Athletes
This fee is designed to give families with multiple children a financial break and reserve’s each child’s spot in the program.
$75 Participation Plus
This fee reserves your child’s spot in the program and helps us provide transportation to members of our community so there are no barriers to participation.
- Paypal : Please “Add a note” with an athlete’s name.
- Venmo @the18thward. Please put your athlete’s name(s) in the “What’s it for?” line.
- CashApp at $the18thward. Please put your athlete’s name(s) in the “For:” line.
- You can pay on our site with a credit card using the donation form.
- Check made out to “The 18th Ward.” Please include athlete’s name on the “memo” line.